Holy smokes, guys. On Monday, I got a package in the mail, and I’ll tell you what, that was a great way to start the week (not to mention I came home from an amazing massage to find the package)… Winning.
So what was in the package you might ask? Well, something great; 6 small jars of the best coconut buttery spread I have tasted to date, and I’ve tried quite a few. SWEET SPREADS is the newest delicious spreadable coconut buttery blissful creation, and they can be used in seemingly countless ways. I’ve had the box open for two days, and I’ve already come up with and executed 5 (but more on that to come). Rusty and I had a blast doing our own little taste testing. I also love that Sweet Spreads is a small business, run by passionate people, who are inspired by health, real food, sustainability, and FLAVOR.
Here are the flavors (in order of amusingness):
white chocolate (AMAZING)
chocolate brownie (DELISH)
maple pancakes (currently working on a blended iced chai with this one)
cinnamon roll (currently perfecting a cinnamon roll pudding with this one)
vanilla cupcake (see recipe below!)
dark chocolate mint (only at the bottom because I am not a big mint fan, but still so tasty)
So what’s in it?
Well, each has the following:
- Organic UnSweetened Coconut Shreds (Base)
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Raw Pecans
- All Natural Vanilla Extract (GF)
- Organic Cane Sugar
First thing to note is that the ingredients are organic, which as you know from all of my posts, including THIS one on my ingredient quality, is important to me. There is nothing artificial about these, only pure coconutty deliciousness, designed for any purpose your heart desires really. Though there is cane sugar, which is a sweetener, it’s the last ingredient, and one of the best sugar options out there because it’s minimally processed and organic. Even with the cane sugar, a serving of any of the sweet spreads comes in under 6g carbohydrate and has only 2g of sugar. That is not bad for something that tastes this good, making these spreads a great choice when you are in need of something a little bit sweet that won’t send you off the deep end. The organic coconut and raw pecans provide healthy, energy-dense fat to fuel your every adventure – from training in the gym and hikes in the great outdoors, to marathon Game of Thrones watching or a busy workday.
The stuff is great for the spreading on or dipping of your favorite foods – think apple slices, bananas, strawberries, paleo pancakes, zucchini bread, sweet potato (cinnamon roll… try it); baking into your favorite sweet treats; mixing into shakes, coffee, or chai; or as you’ll see below, creating delicious puddings and gelatin goodies! I can guarantee you’ll find more Lift Laugh Eat Repeat creations in the coming weeks. The deliciousness of the Sweet Spreads has ignited some serious creativity in the Bruner Kitchen.
Without further ado, here is my first creation made from these delicious spreads… I have been wanting to make a new gummy recipe for a while, and who can resist berries and cream??
Strawberries and Cream Gelatin Gummies (GF, DF, NF)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup defrosted frozen or fresh strawberries (if you defrost keep the juice)
- 3/4 cup filtered water (if you defrosted your berries, use the juice as a part of this amount)
- 1/4 cup vanilla cupcake Sweet Spreads
- 6 TB grass-fed beef gelatin (I use THIS kind – note: you have to use the orange so it will create the gumminess)**
- OPTIONAL: 3-4 drops Stevia extract if you’d like them extra sweet (I don’t think it’s necessary)
HERE is a post on the benefits of gelatin
WHAT TO DO:
- blend your berries, water, and sweet spreads in a food processor until smooth and creamy (no berry chunks)
- in a small pot over medium-low heat, whisk the blended berry-water-sweet spread mixture and gelatin together vigorously until the gelatin is well dissolved and the mixture is blended
- pour the mixture into a small glass or ceramic dish (the smaller the pan, the thicker your gummies will be)
- chill in the refrigerator until completely set (about 30 min), then cut into desired shapes
We keep ours in a mason jar for an easy grab-and-go midday pick me up!
Happy hump day! If you try these, leave a comment, and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!